Rediction? cross site scripting?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nubcake, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubcake

nubcake Registered Member

i looked up a website in bing. i clicked the link. Instead of going to the website a random website popped up with a .pl in the url bar asking for a plugin to be installed. I exited it. then i typed the website into my url bar and the same thing happened but another weird spam website appeared.

i closed firefox - i typed the site into google and i correctly got there.

What happened?

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

don't know exactly what happened but you can 'fix' the problem in Firefox with NoScript.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Without knowing the website and whether or not it was a threat and still active, based on what you mentioned, when you searched with Bing you got a different result due to a referer being sent to the destination (in this case the referrer being Bing's domain). Or, do you have referrers disabled in your web browser?

4. nubcake1

nubcake1 Registered Member

i use firefox.

it was the first time i used bing, i did an image search, then i typed in the name of an online forum i used to visit...when i click the online forum url in bing i did not end up there....then i typed the url manually and was still redirected - dns cache poisoning. i closed firefox

i used google and typed in the forum and i successfully ended up there.

wtf?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.