Red cross on drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by deepkent, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepkent

deepkent Registered Member

This is probably a real basic question, so I apologise in advance, but I can't seem to find an answer. Both before and after checking in Disk Director, one of my drives has a red cross on it (see screenshot). Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This is only a guess - it is an external drive that isn't connected. - I understand why this would be in Windows, but not in DD that lists drives in a dynamic fashion.

Somehow it is marked for partition deletion, but you haven't clicked 'commit' as yet. - Best guess.

Colin

3. deepkent

deepkent Registered Member

No, it is an internal drive. Thanks for your reply, but I seem to have fixed it. I looked for a "Refresh" option in DD, but there isn't one. So, after checking the drive, I exited the program and then restarted it - and the cross has now disappeared. I'd still like to know what it means, though. With the cross, it was shown as full, even though it was 80% empty. After restarting, the correct properties are now shown. So I guess the cross means that a drive needs to be checked - but it would be useful to be able to refresh the drive view to show the results.

Thank you for your trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.