Recycler files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have a lot of recycler files that I would like to delete but I have not found out how to get rid of them. Could anyone give me some help on deleting them.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

what do u mean "recycler files"? can u not empty the recycle bin?

3. bamaman66

C:\recycler

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

C:\recycler is your recycle bin. normally it should not be visible from windows explorer.

anyways, just right-click on the recycle bin icon (check your desktop) and click on empty recycle bin.

5. bamaman66

Those files are not your recycle bin. They are hidden files that you can only see if you go under folder options and fix it to show hidden files,

6. Mem

Mem Registered Member

When you delete a file in Windows NT Explorer or My Computer, the file is stored in the Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the Recycle Bin or restore the file.

The Recycler folder is used only on NTFS partitions. The Recycler folder contains a Recycle Bin for each user that logs on to the computer, sorted by their security identifier (SID).
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171694/EN-US/

Files Are Not Deleted From Recycler Folder
    SYMPTOMS
    When you empty the Recycle Bin in Windows, the files may not be deleted from your hard disk.
    This issue can occur if a third-party filter driver is using the files you try to delete.
    See below for resolution....
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229041

7. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Are you using a Norton/Symantec product, such as their AV ? If so they lock the Recycler, but you can still delete those files through the options, right clicking on it etc. Other vendors make use of it too.

StevieO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.