RecoveryMedia cannot detect flash drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Kelvin Wong, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Kelvin Wong

Kelvin Wong Registered Member

Hi all,

I have created a UEFI flash boot media using BMB (version 14) with Windows 8.1 ADT successfully. My current OS and system partition is running on a 240 GB Corsair flash drive and I had backup the OS partition to a WD disk on another volume

I have successfully booted up with the BMB flash drive and I ran restore wizard, but the wizard did not detect the current flash drive and only the WD disk. Can anyone advise what additional steps is required for the flash drive to be detect. There is no point to do backup when I cannot restore to the flash drive.

Thanks
    Kelvin Wong

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Maybe you need to add special drivers for the SSD to the WinPE. You could also try the Linux boot medium.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  3. Kelvin Wong

Thsi is not very helpful, the SSD uses the same disk.inf files as standard HDD, unless someone from Paragon can advise otherwise

4. Kelvin Wong

Anyone from Paragon can help?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Does diskpart detect the drive from the winpe you created?

You might be better using winre.wim instead of winpe.wim from ADK.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. Kelvin Wong

Thanks for the suggest, but do remember that I am talking about boot media with BMB not the winpe boot up.

1) When booting up with BMB, it boots directly to paragon software, it did not boot to winpe (perhaps I am missing something here)
    2) When creating the boot media for BMB, it only asks for the location of the ADT files, one cannot choose which WIM to use

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, I remember what it does.

You should be able to trick it.

Rename winpe.wim in the adk folder to something else. Then put your winre.wim in there, renaming it winpe.wim.

Winre.wim has more drivers and it also has the MS repair tools, which are not in winpe.wim

Any pe created by paragon will go straight to the paragon program.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.