Recovery Media

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Peejay10, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peejay10

Peejay10 Registered Member

I have created a Recovery CD which does not work. I can boots ok into the Paragon recovery GUI but selecting the "Normal" option just reboots my PC. If I select any of the other options (e.g. Safe Mode) I get the message "DPMI" error.
    Any suggestions?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Peejay10,

Sounds like there's a hardware conflict with the Linux mode if your system reboots automatically like that. If you're having no luck with the Linux/Dos disk, try the WinPE CD and load the necessary drivers for the hardware.

Try to isolate devices you think might be the culprit and temporarily disable them if they're not needed. At this point it could be a number of things: NIC card, video, motherboard, raid controllers, or card readers.

But WinPE CD will certainly give you more flexibility and control with the hardware compatibility.

3. Peejay10

Peejay10 Registered Member

Hi Paragon Tommy

Thanks for your reply.
    I am almost certain that my problem lies with an Adaptec SATA Host Raid Controller card (Model 1430SA). This has been installed to enable me to use two additional SATA hard drives. Although I am NOT using the RAID facility of the Controller, I am running a RAID 0 setup off the motherboard (Asus P6T). As I need the two extra hard drives I cannot isolate them to test my theory but I am sure this is causing the problem.

Any suggestions?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Although you're not using the raid card for raid, but for simple drives, I would still recommend you load the drivers in the WinPE environment. And since you mentioned you have onboard motherboard raid 0, also load those drivers.

In past cases, where users had 3 different raid controllers, but only need to backup or partition on one card, we still had to load drivers for all 3 to avoid conflict. The WinPE boot environment runs on the Vista/2008 kernal and required the drivers for those OSes. So do not get the drivers for the operating system you have installed, but Vista/2008 for the WinPE environment.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.