Recovery Media - Update or not ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pingaling, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

Hi, just a quick question
    I have an XP Netbook (no CD drive) with Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free installed, some time ago I created a Recovery Media USB Flashdrive which works well
    I recently updated Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free to version 10.1.19.15786 then realized the changes were just for Win8 (but I am sure that won't be a problem)

What I would like to know is if I should now create a new Recovery Media USB Flashdrive or just continue using the one I created before.

Thanks in advance :)

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Paragon products are supposed to be backward compatible but not foreward so you should create a new USB FlashDrive otherwise it "might" not work on a newly made archive.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It is always a good idea to make the recovery media for the version even if there isn't a forward compatibility issue. Should the new version have bug fixes then you would not have them without creating the new recovery media.

In addition, if you have any trouble recovering, the first thing you will be told is to create the media for the version you are using and try it.

4. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

Thanks for the replies :)
    I will create a new Recovery Media USB Flashdrive every time I update Paragon Backup & Recovery 2012 Free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.