"Recovery Media" not booting

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Izibia, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izibia

Izibia Registered Member

Could anyone help with this problem?

Summary:
    On a USB flash disk I placed a Linux/DOS "Recovery Media", created by Paragon Backup & Recovery free 2012. The problem is it fails to boot: even if the "Recovery Media" is set as the 1st boot option in BIOS, BIOS skips it with no error message and continues booting from next device.

Details:
    It is my computer that causes the problem: if I insert "Recovery Media" into another computer then it works.
    The USB flash disk is not the problem - I tried several flash disks, all failed on my computer, although they boot in case they contain another system

My computer:
    Motherboard: asus P5LD2 SE (no onboard graphic card)
    Graphic card: ATI Radeon X1550, 256 MB

(I found a description of a similar problem in Paragon Knowledge Base System, but it doesn't appear to be my case)

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

forgive me if you attempt to boot to a recovery CD it works? The issue may be that you are not able to boot to USB, meaning your motherboard may not support it, either that or you may need to change a setting in your bios to turn that function on.

3. Izibia

Izibia Registered Member

I attached a CD drive to my computer and burned a Paragon "Recovery Media" on a CD:
    it works fine.

But still, it looks the problem with an USB disk is not caused by my motherboard but by the Paragon software:
    The computer can boot from USB, and also from that specific USB flash disk. In fact I tried two different USB flash disks, both failed with Paragon, both booted with another Linux live system ("SystemRescueCd").

So is there any way how I could get an USB disk to work (e.g. by editing of .iso)?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You could try this:

Use the Paragon software to create an ISO file, not to "burn" it to a USB. Then create the bootable USB using another software. For example, try Rufus, http://rufus.akeo.ie/, which is very easy to use.

5. Izibia

Izibia Registered Member

I am afraid these utilities work for specific iso architectures only.

I tried the iso of Paragon and Rufus said: "This version of Rufus only supports ISOs based on 'bootmgr/WinPE' or 'isolinux' "
    Then I tried YUMI and it didn't boot either.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.