Recovery from NAS and ext. HDD failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hansepans, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hansepans

Hansepans Registered Member

My computer is a Medion MD8818 (Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6300 with Windows XP), a HDD 320 GB with 2 partitions of 300GB NTFS and 20 GB FAT32. The Acronis drivers have been updated as advised in another thread.
    Recently I had to completely setup my computer again from scrap as I could not restore my backup image, neither from my NAS (Thecus YESbox N2100), nor from my external HDD (where I put a copy). During my recovery efforts I got a lot of different error messages, that I now cannot reproduce, but that only lead to failures.
    When making the full system backup, the image (and one later incremental) was placed in a folder in my NAS. I had not previously run "create and configure backup locations" from the ATI menu. Can this be the reason why ATI (in Linux mode) could not use the backup in this location?

Thanks, Hans

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hansepans,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Could you please clarify, have you verified image upon creation? Have you verified it before restoring? What was the exact text of errors you received? When exactly did they appear?

Please notice that the function "create and configure backup locations" is used to create special Acronis Backup Locations that will automatically manage archives stored there. So, it is not the reason. You can learn more in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  3. Hansepans

Hello Marat,

Thanks for your quick reaction. My ATI is version 10 with the latest update. I did not verify the image made on creation, nor before restoring. Unfortunately I cannot give you the error messages as I discarded my notes after newly setting up my computer. Anyway it is clear to me that my failure to restore is not the result of not using the function "create and configure backup locations".
    Therefore I leave this behind me now and concentrate on the problem of not being able to create Secure Zone, to which I will revert in the relative thread.

Greetings, Hans

4. Hansepans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.