Recovery flash doesn't work properly (Boot Manager menu with white rectangles)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Mech_An, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

If you got such Boot menu when you try to boot Recovery Media, created from Paragon product:
    IMG_0323.JPG

Use following workaround from Paragon:

1) Download archive from FTP http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/RMB/RecoveryMediaBuilder.zip
    It is also attached as TXT file View attachment rmb.TXT (rename to *.zip)
    2) Open archive and extract folder 'rmb'
    3) Overwrite 'rmb' folder in C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\[Program Name]\

Then run Recovery media builder and create new bootable flash.

It worked for me.

Maybe this thread should be stick?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

Hi Meach An,

Thanks for this, but do you mean replacing the folder rmb with the downloaded one or merge it?

EDIT: Well I've tried both ways and now I get an error that it can find the BootCD.iso or something like that when I try to make a recovery media. I think Paragon should have notified all users by email about this issue. It's kind of important!

EDIT 2: I've got it working by replacing the rmb.xml with the original one that came with the install from Paragon. Seems that the path in the rmb.xml file from the link you posted contains an old path that is not used in the new version. Because of that the mediabuilder can't find the image. Can you confirm that this is correct?

Old rmb.xml:

<rmb locale="ea" iso="./../ISO/bootcd.iso" emulator_path="./../ISO/emulator.iso">
    </rmb>

New rmb.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <rmb locale="ea" iso="C:\ProgramData\Paragon\System Backup\RE\iso.re" emulator_path="./../emulator.iso"></rmb>

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. Mech_An

diabloNL

Thanks for your notice.

Attached rmb folder is for Backup & Recovery Suite. It has different ISO location from Home version.

4. Mech_An

UPD:

If you have this issue with Drive Backup or Backup & Recovery Home , please
    1) save original rmb.xml file from C:/Program Files/Paragon Software/rmb/
    2) overwrite original rmb folder with attached version
    3) replace new rmb.xml with original file.

5. diabloNL

Hi Mech An. Thanks for the reply!

However, I do think I have the Suite and not the Home version. Here is the info from the software.

6. Mech_An

diabloNL

Do you have B&R Suite installed with System Backup module? It is optional in latest versions, so you might not have it.

7. diabloNL

I do have System Backup but I'm not sure if it stayed on the PC when I uninstalled B&R. All I know is when I installed the new B&R it is there. I didn't get any choice when I installed B&R if that is what you mean.

It's not really so important. It's working now. At least your info helped me a lot on my way!

8. Caos

Caos Registered Member

Some problem with Paragon Drive Backup 10 Workstation Edition, Suite, Professional, etc...

Any Solution? Is the same file to change?

Thanks

Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.