recovery error message

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JerseyErnie, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyErnie

JerseyErnie Registered Member

Using Paragon Backup & Recovery 2011 (advanced) Free edition I tried to restore an image of my C; drive from an ext HDD. It went ok up to the part where it did a restart and Loading Paragon;please wait;universal file system driver init.;getting partitions info; then"some error occured: cannot open/create file"

The only thing that I can think of that would cause this problem is the fact that when I made the backup I changed the filename from the arc_xxxxxxxxxx that Paragon selected to "Paragon BU 8-13-11.PBF

Does anyone know if this is my problem and if so, is there any way I can use this backup image?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't really know but I always change the names from arc whatever and don't have any problem.

Sounds like you started the restore while in Windows and then the PC restarted to load the Linux recovery environment. So it could be problem with the Linux loading on your machine or perhaps the information it collects in Windows for the restore is stored in a file and for some reason it couldn't open it - strictly a guess on this.

If you haven't, try booting from the CD or a USB flash drive with the Linux recovery program and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.