Recovery Disk Program Locks Up

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by El Cobre, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Cobre

El Cobre Registered Member

I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion DV7 notebook loaded with win7 home premium.

After reading all the horror stories about norton ghost(wich I use with my xp machine) and win7 I decided to try Paragon.

I downloaded backup and recovery 10 the free version. It installed great and did an image without a hitch. I created a recovery cd no problem.

When I try to boot off the cd The first menu comes up great. Now is where the problem starts. If I select normal mode(recovery enviroment) slide bar progresses across the screen as it a program were loading then the screen goes blank and the cd spins for about 15 seconds. Then the cd stops and nothing happens and I have to shut the computer off to get out of it.

If I select safe mode the screen goes blank and white dots start across the first line and stops at around ten dots. It just sits there and I have to shut it down again. Other times the screen is filled with 0s, 1s and differend coloured squares. Ialso have to shut it down with this.

When I select low graphics with safe mode I either get the screen with dots or it reboots.

The other selections about finding an operating system work okay. It is just loading the recovery environment.

I tried th cd on my xp machine and it seems okay. I do not have a backup on that machine for it to find but the recovery screen comes up so I believe the cd is okay.

Another thought, The download indicated that it is the setup for 32 bit and 64 bit versions. when I installed it I never saw any indication of which version it was. Would this cause an issue if it was the 32 bit version?

I would really like to give the program a change . If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You in advance.

If I select

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.