Recovery Disk Program Locks Up

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by El Cobre, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Cobre

El Cobre Registered Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion DV7 notebook loaded with win7 home premium.

After reading all the horror stories about norton ghost(wich I use with my xp machine) and win7 I decided to try Paragon.

I downloaded backup and recovery 10 the free version. It installed great and did an image without a hitch. I created a recovery cd no problem.

When I try to boot off the cd The first menu comes up great. Now is where the problem starts. If I select normal mode(recovery enviroment) slide bar progresses across the screen as it a program were loading then the screen goes blank and the cd spins for about 15 seconds. Then the cd stops and nothing happens and I have to shut the computer off to get out of it.

If I select safe mode the screen goes blank and white dots start across the first line and stops at around ten dots. It just sits there and I have to shut it down again. Other times the screen is filled with 0s, 1s and differend coloured squares. Ialso have to shut it down with this.

When I select low graphics with safe mode I either get the screen with dots or it reboots.

The other selections about finding an operating system work okay. It is just loading the recovery environment.

I tried th cd on my xp machine and it seems okay. I do not have a backup on that machine for it to find but the recovery screen comes up so I believe the cd is okay.

Another thought, The download indicated that it is the setup for 32 bit and 64 bit versions. when I installed it I never saw any indication of which version it was. Would this cause an issue if it was the 32 bit version?

I would really like to give the program a change . If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You in advance.

If I select
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.