Recovery disk does not see hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Slayton, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayton

Slayton Registered Member

The recovery disk does not see any hard drive. I have ATI Home 11. I suppose I need an ISO image that has the proper Linux drivers.

I have an HP Pavilion computer with Vista Premium Home 64 bit. Hard drive is a 750 Gb SCSI. Thank you for your help.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I think you are correct. Contact Tech Support at Acronis, Chat is the fastest way, and explain the problem. They will need to know the specifics for your SCSI controller.

Alternatively, you could build a BartPE or Vista WinPE boot disk with the TI 11 plug-in and the driver for your SCSI card.

3. Slayton

Slayton Registered Member

Thanks. The problem is that Acronis do not recognize my registration e-mail. I sent the numberous requests, noone answered.

Could you explain, how I would build the boot disk?

4. jmk94903

Check the profiles or signatures of Mustang and MudCrab (Corrected after Bodgy noted a minor typo. Well, it wasn't exactly minor :)) on this forum for info on building alternate boot disks.

Chat has proven to be the fastest way of contacting Acronis support. Email is unreliable, sometimes taking months.

You could also install the TI 2009 Trial software, create a new Rescue CD and see if that recognizes your hardware. Personally, I'd prefer to install TI 2009 on a machine that I knew I could restore from a backup image because sometimes removing TI 2009 is a problem. However, you may just want to give this a try. The TI 2009 Rescue CD has newer dirvers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Mudcrab will be pleased :D

To the OP.

you could also try downloading and installing the safe version of the rescue CD and see if that helps.

Colin

6. jmk94903

Some days the fingers just want to make trouble. Thanks :)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (8101), which is available here. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

This issue can be caused by special HP recovery partition. Please check this article for the description.

If the issue still persists, please contact Customer Central and ask to give you the link to download ISO with specific settings (do not forget to supply the serial number for your product to our engineer).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available here. To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.