Recovery disk builder offers only Full, no safe version.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nelsonm, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nelsonm

nelsonm Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm running acronis 2009 under Vista x64.

Did acronis do away with the safe option in ti 2009 when building a recovery disk?

It only shows the Full option.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

No they did not but it's being made available differently. If you have registered your product it should be available here after signing in. Note that this is the English version and I can't speak for other languages.

Attached Files:

3. nelsonm

What is this? Is this some poly from Acronis to get you to register?

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

No, I think they were responding to criticism that the file size of their download was too large, especially for people on dialup connections. So they removed these two features from the download but made them separately available on their web site.

5. nelsonm

You have to be kidding - right?!

If Acronis is really concerned about the download size, they can reverse what appears to be their march towards TI becoming - BLOATWARE!

The only thing i need from TI is the ability to backup, restore and schedule drive/partition/data images effectively with verification and as fast as possible - period. The rest is just fat!

6. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I don't think any of us would disagree with you on that...

7. nelsonm

k0lo,
    Not to start a fight and go off on a big tangent - but - what did you buy TI for?

BTW, I talking about Acronis True Image "Home" any version. Anyway, Acronis markets the product as:
    Although it for my SOHO business computer, That's what i bought it for. I use the older version 8 i own on my family's computer.

Also, the only users that could even complain about downloads, are, dialup "Home" users. As a computer services company, i haven't many consumer clients these days with dialup and none with any type of backup utility installed that they'd want to download. All the other versions are geared toward small to large businesses. If they are still using dialup, they should get their heads examined! o_O

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

What problem do you see in registering the software?

The benefits being, always able to redownload your licenced products, access to your serial numbers and of course easy access to upgrades.

Colin

9. nelsonm

bodgy,

I have no problem with registering any software if it's required for updates, optional plugins and/or discounts.

I just find it odd and annoying to know that i have to register to even download a piece of what used to be a whole product up until now.

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah now i understand. :)

11. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I bought it to create and restore partition images - period. Ok, I do also find the ability to mount an image to be very useful. The rest of the features are not of much interest to me personally, but I'm sure they are to other people.

You started this thread by asking what happened to the safe mode version and I answered your question. I'm not Acronis and didn't make their decision, nor am I trying to defend it; I'm just answering your question.

12. nelsonm

k0lo,

I appreciate your initial and all of your subsequent responses to my original post.

My responses are not an attack on you personally, just a response to Acronis apparently tripping up the majority broadband users to satisfy what appears to be a minority of dialup users. I just don't feel it's necessary. Look at the statistics between broadband and dial up at the link below...

http://www.nados.com/public/broadband-dialup.png

13. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Registration is a requirement if you wish to download the future builds to version 2009. The current build is the #3 (I believe) of this 2009 version. If you do not register your software, you do not benefit from the corrections of bugs (& qualify for more bugs:) ) Registration will not qualify you for a new upgrade to version 2010 when released.

I am not a business proprietor but I am one of those minorities that is still using dialup. Most software has reached the point where download via dialup is impossible and I am forced to find other sources for my downloads. As the ol' saying goes "Where there is a will, there is a way." :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  14. nelsonm

I feel for ya dud. Does your local library allow you to download from any of their public systems to a flash drive?

If the economy tanks any more, i may be joining you and dusting off my old modem card.

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Please note that in order to receive free minor updates and technical support you should register the product on our web site:

1. Choose "Product registration" at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/products/registration/

2. Enter your serial number for your Acronis product in the corresponding field.

3. Your product will become registered and you will get an access to the latest build at "Product updates" (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/).

Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

16. nelsonm

Acronis Support,

Actually, that second link does not work for me. When i first log in i go to...

1. https://www.acronis.com/my/index.html

While on this page, if i click on the "GET UPDATES" button, it puts me into the "enterprise" page. wrong page. I have to click on the "Product Updates" menu button under "My Account" to get to the right Customer support "Product Updates" page below.

2. http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/index.html

Maybe things work differently on the internal Acronis site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.