Recovery Console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kwhiz01, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhiz01

kwhiz01 Registered Member

After i installed Acronis True Image Home 9., the Windows Recovery Console did not work. (This was after a clean re-install of Windows XP). Is this caused by Acronis True Imager?:doubt:

2. corinthian

corinthian Registered Member

Good luck, kwz, on solving this problem. I had exactly the same problem. The clone of the main partition worked fine, the recovery partition was dead in the water. I never did resolve it. After sending various report files and screen shots to Acronis, they finally told me it was a "windows problem, contact microsoft". End of story. The recovery parition is still fully functional on the old hard drive, which thank Goodness, I kept unchanged, because I was soon to need it when my first attempt at an image restore resulted inability to start windows with the message that "\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt". So I had to recopy the old hard drive once again to the new, after about 10 hours of stuggling without success to solve the "hal.dll" problem. Please let me know if you find a solution for the "recovery partition" problem. But as it is, it seems apparent these recovery partitions are not cloneable.
    Bill

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kwhiz01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please describe it more details:

- What do you mean exactly when saying that the "Windows Recovery Console did not work"?

- Describe actions you tried to perform in detail;

- Did you create Acronis Secure Zone?

- Did you activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager?

EDIT: corrected the latest build number according to scaa's remark

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  4. scaa

scaa Registered Member

o_O Which is the latest- 3633 or 3666 ?:D

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

I'm sorry. Build 3666 is the latest one of course. I've corrected my reply accordingly.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.