Recovery CD will not boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by IsvBack, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IsvBack

IsvBack Registered Member

I downloaded the 9.1 Server 2 days ago.

I created an ISO image for your recovery CD.

On a new SuperMicro PDSME motherboard, ECC memory, 3ware 9550SX RAID controller - the CD will not boot.

The drive just blinks and blinks, but it never comes up. Eventually, win2003 boots up.

I can place the same CD in an older computer and it boots.

The new computer's CD, actually a DVD drive, can boot CDs - as that is how I installed win20003.

Please advise.

Also, if I ever do get it to boot, the trial version CD does not seem to want to actually backup data. Very hard to test if I cannot backup and restore in my tests. I would prefer to boot from a CD to copy and restore - without the operating system running, as I'm somewhat leary of VSS.

BTW - I do like the fact that this forum is monitored on a Sunday.

2. IsvBack

IsvBack Registered Member

downloading latest version fixed problem where could not boot from cd. But, still cannot test as it says trial version.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello IsvBack,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available, 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.