Recovery CD No Sata drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mschal, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschal

mschal Registered Member

When I boot with the recovery cd and select full version...I can not see any of my sata drives. Only in safe mode can I see them, any ideas?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I use SATA drives and TI works with them.

Are your SATA drives connected directly to the MB or do you have an add-in PCI card for the drives?

Are you using RAID?

What TI version and build are you using?

Sounds like there may not be a suitable driver included in the Linux Full version.

3. mschal

mschal Registered Member

Sata drives are connected directly to the MB, MSI KTV_SLR with VIA KT600chipset. I am running the newest version and build of TI, just purchased today. So far I do not see a big difference in the safe and full mode, could be the driver like you stated in the full mode, it does do a wacky error about SCSI when I go into full mode. The error only flashes for second so its tough to read.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You could try this, it sometimes helps with various boot CD problems.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic

It is from II in:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

5. bottom

bottom Registered Member

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mschal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that, as it is pointed out in section 5.3.8 and Chapter 9 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide, "the safe version does not have USB, PC card or SCSI drivers and is useful only in case the full version does not load".

Please also note that, as seekforever mentioned above, problems of this sort usually arise because of a lack of the appropriate drivers for the hardware devices installed in the computer. We therefore recommend that in the first place you make sure that you use the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing the latest build.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version then please do as seekforever has suggested and try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either and Acronis True Image still fails to recognize SATA hard drives when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD then please submit a request for technical support containing the following information along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of your SATA controller (motherboard if integrated) and hard drives.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround is to use BartPE based CD allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment adding the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.