Recovery CD fails to find my USB drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kevinjp, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinjp

kevinjp Registered Member

I have a full disc image on my USB hard disc, and I'm trying to recover it to my C drive, but when I boot from the recovery dics, only my C drive is shown in the window for selecting the backup to be recovered.

Any ideas how I can het Paragon backup to look in my USB drive?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Are you running the Linux/DOS recovery CD? If so, you have to run normal mode for external hardware support.

Your alternative is the WinPE CD available in your account if you purchased the professional version and up.

Otherwise, the BartPE CD will work fine. Here's the thread that'll help with that.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257771

3. kevinjp

kevinjp Registered Member

Good point! Sorry for having wasted your time, but I neglected to tell you I was running in safe mode, because after selecting normal mode, and loading, the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Sorry, that was perhaps a more pertinent point than my original query!

Actually, I also have to apologise for wasting your time, because I hadn't realised that I could do a full drive recovery from within the application. I didn't think it was possible to recover the whole disc image when the disc was in use, but it worked, and I have a full recovery.

Still interested to figure out why the bootable disc didn't work in normal mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.