Recovery CD does not find drive !!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by czc587, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czc587

czc587 Registered Member

My C drive is on a PCI IDE controller card, since my mobo IDE does not support drives greater than 137G. When I run TI from recovery CD mode it does not find the drive. I recently created a full backup from windows no problem and have it on my usb drive, but now I need to restore it the C drive that it says does not exist. Any ideas !!

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Hmmm ... that's an odd one, I haven't seen anyone else report this situation ... perhaps a way around this is to get another hard drive, install Windows and True Image, boot with it and use TI from there to restore your image.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

My guess is that the Linux recovery environment does not have a driver for your PCI IDE card. Acronis is likely going to have to provide you with a version that does. I have used TI with a Promise Ultra 133 card with no problems.

You could also investigate the TI 9 plugin and BartPE. BartPE is a Windows environment with a better driver support.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Is there an actual message that says C drive does not exist? if so what is the message exactly.
    OTOH if recovery screen is just shows "My Computer" with nothing listed below proceed thus :- Select My Computer and if the drive does not appear after a few seconds press the Back Button and then next. This will reopen the recovery screen and in a second or two the Drive and other items will appear in the left hand pane.
    I first noticed this very slight hang with Build 3633.
    Let us know if this is your problem please.

Xpilot

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello czc587,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please make sure that the bootable rescue media was created with the latest build.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.