Recovery and EFI partitions visible in Windows Optimize Drives?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by netnative, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netnative

netnative Registered Member

I recently migrated from a Samsung 128GB SSD to a Crucial 256GB SSD in a Windows 8 ultrabook PC.

I created a GUID partition on the Crucial 256GB SSD using Windows Disk Management and "cloned" the Samsung 128GB SSD drive with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite. Paragon Copy Hard Disk Wizard resized the C: drive partition automatically (“Copy data and resize partitions proportionally”) and took care of the proper alignment of the partitions.

Windows Disk Management shows a total of 5 partitions on the SSD:

Recovery Partition - 499 MB
    EFI System Partition - 300 MB
    C: Drive - 216.85 GB
    Recovery Partition - 19.72 GB
    Recovery Partition - 1.00 GB

In addition, Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite shows a 128MB Windows Reserved Partition.

Except for the C: drive, all the partitions in the replacement Crucial 256GB SSD have the same size as in the original Samsung 128GB SSD.

Now the problem. Before the migration all the partitions were visible in Windows Optimize Drives allowing for TRIM to be applied not only to the C: drive but also to the Recovery partitions. (The Recovery and EFI partitions, however, were not visible in Windows Explorer.)

The situation might be best understood if you go to Disk Optimize on your own Windows 8 system. You will likely see EFI, Recovery and/or Reserve partitions in addition to your C: drive partition. I did before the migration. Now I do not.

I can only speculate that Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite did something while creating the partitions in the target drive causing the Recovery and EFI partitions to be hidden in Disk Optimize.

Is there a way to make the Recovery and EFI partitions visible again in Windows Optimize Drives?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.