Recovering an image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlohman, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlohman

jlohman Registered Member

I installed True Image on a Dell desktop but it would not let me create a bootable CD. I was able to successfully create an image to an external hard drive before the desktop crashed. Dell installed a new hard drive and operating system but now I need to get the image transferred back to the replacement drive. But without the correct bootable CD how can I do that? I have another bootable created with True Image on my Sony Laptop. Will this work? Or if I create a bootable from the new operating system will it allow be to import the original image?

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Any Rescue CD should work, regardless of where you created it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlohman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis Bootable CD is build-scpecific, not system-specific. It means that if you will be able to use the same CD (created on Sony Laptop) on the second computer (Dell Desktop), you will not need to create another CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. jlohman

Thanks for the response. I started to recover the lost Dell data but I find that I now have another problem. I created an image of my Dell drive but accidentally updated that with an image from my Sony laptop. Now when I try to read the image I get a corrupt data error message. Is there any way to recover the corrupt file?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlohman,

The problem with corrupted image files is usually a hardware problem and this problem should be analyzed separately in every certain case. Have you tried to explore the images that are reported as corrupted? Sometimes it is possible to explore corrupted image and recover the main part of the data.

Please verify the image archive by means of the Check Image tool. Please let me know the result. Do you get the error message if the image is created from Rescue Media? Please also clarify where you store your image.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. jlohman

I did successfully restore from a different image. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.