Recovered Image Not Recognized In The Old Domain w2k

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marmara, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marmara

Marmara Registered Member

I had to recover an image on a w2k client in a domain (active direct.). No problem. After recovering the image I rebooted and the login screen opened. I typed the right password for loggin in the old domain (the domain, which existed when the image was created).

But the users were unknown for the domain. So I logged in localy as Admin. OK. I changed from Domain to a phantasy workgroup, rebooted. Then I changed again to the old domain, was accepted and from that point I could login again as usuall before. (The image, I recovered was 3 month old, by the way).

My question is now: is this the only way to get back an image AND THE LOGGIN in a w2k-domain?

Marmara

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marmara,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the way you created the image? Did you create the image of the computer where Active Directory was running?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Marmara

Marmara Registered Member

Yassu Ilya,

each client is a member of the same domain. Each client is listed in the active directory of a w2k domain. On one client TrueImage Enterpr Server 8 is installed with its Managemet Console. From this client I built the image of the specific client we are talking about. This image is stored on a w2k server especially hold for the images of the clients of the domain we are talking about. No problem of corruptness is our theme. Everything is ok when checking the image. Nothing is changed in the domain, no password, no names, nothing at all. No networkproblems in this domain.
    The clients are w2k clients, the server (where AD is running) is w2k, every machine is w2k AND member of AD in the domain.

greets
    Marmara

allways Admin rights are installed (sorry for my lazy english ;) )

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marmara,

The situation is quite strange. Could you please send a letter to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject that you want to contact Ilya Toytman? Please include the link to this thread into your letter. I will contact our Development Team for possible reason for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. mikle_01

mikle_01 Registered Member

I have the same Problem with TI 8.0 (8.026) Enterprise on Windows XP Prof. Clients in Windows 2000 Active Directory Enviremont!!!

I make an Image and restore it after an arbitrarily, random time and i could not log into the Domain with error:user is unknown for the domain.

(Notice:nothing changed; Computers are in the same OU of the AD)

Perhaps it is a Microsoft-Problem of LDAP / Kerberos!? It can't be a problem of the SID?! The SID never changed!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.