Recovered but can't log in to domain

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kinsley, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinsley

kinsley Guest

I waited 2 days but still haven't heard back from ACRONIS support. The original problem created by ACRONIS TI v8 when I tried to install Recovery Manager on my server that has Raid level 0 on 2 drives. The Recover Manager crashed my drives and lost drive e.

So after waiting 2 days and still haven't heard back from Acronis support, I did the recover from boot disks. It recovered all the drives, but now I can't log in my domain controller as well as the Oracle server services are not able to start correctly.

HELP> .. so far I am NOT at all happy with ACronis technical support and software. This is THE WORST technical support in the industry and software is BUGGY!!!!

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

What happens when to try to log into the domain controller? Does it loop you back to the login screen, or do you get an error?

3. Kinsley

Kinsley Guest

It said that it can't find domain controller. I can log on locally find and still see my domain controller on the network.

Most importantly I want to be able to recover my server to the original stage. I am having BIG DOUBT about ACRONIS ability to do so.

Here is part of the report text that I sent to ACRONIS 2 days ago and got NO HELP from them. The Recovery Manager crashed while it tried to resize the partition and I have no way of cancelling and go back. I desperately needed help from ACRONIS support but haven't heard back from them therefore I went ahead and do the recovery....

So now I have my drive partition back but I am running into a new set of problems:
    a) Can't log on to domain: can't find domain controller. I can still log on as local administrator and see the domain controller and connect to it...

b) Oracle server is not starting.

Speed IFace Hs-Bs-Tg Model
    Num NT L9NO Size FSsize Free FS Type Label ABCHSV
    ---- ----- ---- ----- ----- ----- ------ --------------- ----------- ------
    1- d(0) 68G 20M SCSI 2-2-0 MEGARAID LD 0 MEGARAID
    -1 p(1) --CC 34G 34G 16G NTFS 07 NTFS, HPFS ........... A-C--V
    -2 p(2) --D- 17G 17G 17G NTFS 07 NTFS, HPFS E Drive.... --C--V
    17G free ------
    2- d(1) 137G 6.7M SCSI 2-2-1 MEGARAID LD 1 MEGARAID
    137G LDM ------
    Volumes
    ---F 137G 137G 87G NTFS 07 NTFS, HPFS F Drive (Mi --C--V
    Disk 1 properties:
    BIOS number: 0x80
    Geometry: 8925 255 63
    Total sectors: 143368192
    Disk 2 properties:
    BIOS number: 0x81
    Geometry: 17850 255 63
    Total sectors: 286746624
    Disk 3 properties:
    Geometry: 1 16 63
    Total sectors: 1
    MBR 1-*:

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Here is one person's solution:

5. Kinsley

Kinsley Guest

Here is the actual error:
    Windows can't not connect to the domain, either because domain controller is down or othewise unavailable, or your computer account was not found....

6. napoleon

Well I can't help with the Recovery Manager piece as I have never used it, but to fix the domain issue you need to do the following (at least this has worked for me):

1. Remove server from domain and put it into a workgroup. Reboot.
    2. While rebooting, log into domain controller and delete server object from Users and Computers if it isn't already.
    3. Once back up, add the server back into the domain. Reboot.
    4. Verify the server shows up in Users and Computers on the domain controller once the server is back up and after you have logged in.

This has helped me, and I do this as a best practice whenever I restore a server anyway. I am not 100% sure why this happens, but doing this reassociates the server to the domain. I hope this helps!

7. Kinsley

Kinsley Guest

Thank You John. I will give it a try right now.

8. napoleon

Great. Let me know how it goes!

9. Kinsley

Kinsley Guest

Hi John,
    Yes, I followed your instruction and now able to connect to the domain controller.

b) I still have the second set of problem caused by Acronis: My oracle server is not starting.

Why is Acronis Recover of image not 100% to the original stage?

10. napoleon

Good news indeed! As for Oracle, I am not sure. Have you tried to manually start the relevant Oracle services? If so, do you get an error?

11. kinsley

kinsley Guest

Yes I manually stop and restart it from the service.. no luck.. Thanks John.

12. napoleon

So when you start the service, what happens? Does it start, then stop without an error, or do you get an error?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.