recover file from "My Document" backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bigdog999, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Registered Member

I'm trying to recover a file from a backup archive that was in the "My Documents" directory. Whenever I restore it, it shows up as a series of the original folders and I can't get access to the file. Any ideas?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Bigdog

Are you trying to access the documents through the same user account that created them? It may simply be that the user account that you are using does not have permission to access the files.

If possible, it would be helpful if you could attach a few sceenshots of the problem when you reply.

3. dld

dld Registered Member

Was the backup archive an image of your C: drive\partition? If so you can mount this image as a virtual drive. Then you can drag & drop the desired file from the virtual drive to your real drive, right-clicking on the file and choosing Copy.

4. Bigdog999

I've tried mounting the file as a virtual drive, but I'm still unable to access the files in this directory. It says the folder is empty. If I try to restore it, it does show up, but it restores it where I can't access past a certain point. Did it not back it up or is it the permission thing. . I'm thinking the permission thing may be correct, but if I'm the originator, why don't I have permission?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It is all about ownership and permissions.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

Xpilot

6. Bigdog999

Thanks, XPilot and others,
    The permission thing did it. I apparently have both an Administator and myself as User Accounts. Although I have administrative rights, it doesn't always give me full rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.