Recover(?) client license

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

If I just go into the RAC and remove a current Client PC (zzz) from RAC, will RAS respond to a "new" WinXP install on the client PC and re-assign the now "free" license to the fresh install (even though it will be at an IP Address that has been in use since I installed Enterprise)?

I wish to redo one of my client PC's. I will give W98se the boot and after some utility work to the HD, I will install WinXP w/SP2. I do plan to change the "TC/IP name" of this PC, but I will keep its' assigned IP Address.

I am using NOD32 Enterprise. I have 1 server and 4 client PCs. This fully utilizes my 5 licenses, I believe. BTW, NOD32 EE is even better than advertised! I remain amazed at how professionaly, quietly, efficiently, and magically it does its' business on my LAN. Astonishing software!:thumb:
  2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Should work just fine.
  3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you AnotherJack. It took a while to get XP running and talking on the LAN again, but yes, I was able to install NOD32 w/full settings and the Install did ask for a valid license. I used the dot-lic file I have and off it went. Added it to my RAC this morning and all is AOK. Simply amazing. :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.