Recover(?) client license

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

If I just go into the RAC and remove a current Client PC (zzz) from RAC, will RAS respond to a "new" WinXP install on the client PC and re-assign the now "free" license to the fresh install (even though it will be at an IP Address that has been in use since I installed Enterprise)?

I wish to redo one of my client PC's. I will give W98se the boot and after some utility work to the HD, I will install WinXP w/SP2. I do plan to change the "TC/IP name" of this PC, but I will keep its' assigned IP Address.

I am using NOD32 Enterprise. I have 1 server and 4 client PCs. This fully utilizes my 5 licenses, I believe. BTW, NOD32 EE is even better than advertised! I remain amazed at how professionaly, quietly, efficiently, and magically it does its' business on my LAN. Astonishing software!:thumb:
    Thanks,
    Duncan

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Should work just fine.

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you AnotherJack. It took a while to get XP running and talking on the LAN again, but yes, I was able to install NOD32 w/full settings and the Install did ask for a valid license. I used the dot-lic file I have and off it went. Added it to my RAC this morning and all is AOK. Simply amazing. :thumb:
    Best,
    Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.