recommended settings for f-secure av...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by illukka, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

here is f-secure screenshots

first how to acces configuration windows : right click the blue F at your system tray(lower right hand corner) and select options.. you'll see this

Attached Files:

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

click on properties , on the next screen select the real time protection tab: put a checkmark in the box scan extensions. uncheck the box scan archives, most slowdown troubles are result of enabling archive scan... i have excluded some files here, most notably some game folders+ my video/picture folders.. i you exclude objects make sure that you include your system folders.. most viruses attac your %system% folder( usually c:\windows)

you can also exclude certain extensions: like avi, gif, wma, the likes. and you can also add extensions to the scan list.. by default the scanned extension list is quite comprehensive( all that aer infectable). after setting things up remember to press apply( käytä in my screenies, my os is finnish) and then OK

Attached Files:

3. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

next select the manual scan tab:

Attached Files:

4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

on the screen you see that i have excluded files or folders.. that's my virus collection... on the manual scan i recommend that you enable the most 'strong' settings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.