Recommended firewall for Vista

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by vijaygunners, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Looks good to me - ask yourself if you really need any more protection ? when was the last time you were contaminated, how often.... ? working the way I do I would be quite happy to sit behind your router with no other protection than Firefox -noscripts, adblcok plus and cslite. Being somewhat paranoid when it comes to security I would however turn on Shadow defender when visiting dangerous sites like Wilders :cautious:

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i have KIS withoutfirewall + outpost pro they have great combo i love outpost form starting if you set rules or just make it ask for rules and not let it default rule setting outpost browsing become fast.....i agree that it down little speed of 2 or 3 kb but its ok because its security is very tight and its measure data on all counter measures only than it bypass it.

i used vista with outpost + kis and some time used linux on same net time by time and i feel the only 2 to 3 KB speed diffrence and yes i dont use IE much i use more opera and firefox......more :)))

3. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Running Vista for about a year now, with only Vista Firewall. Yes, that's without the Control.

Light, no sorts of system crashes, and surprisingly, it handles bittorrent of Linux distros and gaming much better than 3rd party firewalls.

:D

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

This is typical for OA on the first re-boot..it is in learning mode. This is a one time thing. Once it finishes with learning mode, it runs very light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.