Recommended : Do Disable Startup Scan in Scheduler

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nanana1, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olavski

olavski Registered Member

I have tons of workstations with huge performance/startup delays because of the startup scan. Is there a way i can disable it in the admin console so i can push out a new config file? Don't really feel like changing it manually on 500+ computers.

Thanks

2. xan K

xan K Registered Member

Well, am I the only one not noticing any performance hit with the startup scan turned on? I use the default settings untouched (except for the startup splash screen off) and only after seeing this thread is that I knew about the startup scan. I'm happy with v4.2 64bit.

3. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

FYI I presented this discussion back in November.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=257685

That thread discusses how you can lower the priority. The startup scan is most noticable on older, slower machines. Newer dual and quad core systems with plenty of memory is not as noticeable.

4. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi Olavski,

I just recently addressed this issue myself on some of the older workstations within the company. What I did was create a new configuration file, and created 2 new scheduled tasks. Both called Automatic startup file check (one for user login, and the other for on successful update.) With these scheduled tasks, I changed their default priority from Lowest to When Idle. Doing this resolved a lot of complaints about performance.

Don't forget to click on the "Change ID" button to override ESET's defaults.

Hope this helps! :)

JC

5. olavski

olavski Registered Member

That looks like an option i might give a try, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.