Recommendation for install on an SBS 2003 LAN

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chunkee, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunkee

chunkee Registered Member

I have a 10 client LAN with SBS 2003 as the domain controller. There is also an XP Pro box that runs a small project management/payroll system (connections are a small client installed on the users desktop.); the XP Pro box has IIS running for a scan station info gathering tool.

Should I use the Blackspear updated Walkthrough for the installation? Also, would it be better to install NOD32 RAS/RAC on the SBS box or the XP Pro that is barely being used? I did not know if there would be a problem with IIS running.

I already have one client running NOD32, we are making the switches from symantec to ESET one by one as they expire.

I have read the articles, very nice. I am a Technical Writer also and appreciate great procedures.

Any SBSers care to comment on the best way to set it up?

I would like to use the folder mirror update setup as they have such small internet pipeline, a 512 I believe.

Thank you.

JCoria

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've one a few dozen EE installs on SBS (SBS is my bread and butter as a consultant)

I usually install RAS/RAC on the SBS box itself. One note though...the default port for http update mirror is 8081. SBS has Sharepoint...which defaults to 8081..and you don't want to change that...easier to customize your http mirror port...I change it to 8088.

Disabling IMON on that XP workstation running the gathering tool...eh, depends on the app itself....if you're not surfing the web or checking e-mail from it...no biggie in disabling it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.