Recommend me a good Firewall to go along with KAV

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by berryracer, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I am not a genius with Outpost...there are more informed
    ladies and gentleman(ie..Manny, kronckew, Chris and Minoka at the Outpost forum who have more expertise than me ;)
    but I know one thing for sure...Its the best customer service and thee
    best firewall!!!

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Online Armor of course. ;)

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Regarding: Outpost Firewall Pro:

Yeah, I've been pretty happy with it. It has passed every test that I could throw at it.....and that was in "Rules Wizard" mode :p (LOL)

I have a couple of questions:

One, whenever I receive the "Attack Detection" pop-up window notification.....I see that there is a tickbox option to check/tickmark in order not to be warned about that notification in the future. Is that not to be notified for any and all future pop-up window alerts, or just that specific/particular attempted attack? I also wonder if others prefer to receive those type alerts, or if they choose to have them hidden?

Also, what is the best/recommended way of upgrading from one version to the next? Is it a thorough uninstall and a fresh installation of the new version? And do they recommend to use any specific removal tools when uninstalling?

And lastly, if someone was to upgrade NOW.....do you think it would be best to go with version 7.5 (which has proven to be very stable) or would you go straight to 7.6, which was JUST released?

4. DX2

DX2 Guest

Comodo Firewall is excellent..

5. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

I used Outpost Pro firewall in the past very good just brought my system to a crawl when I first installed it. To much to tinker w/ for my taste....OA firewall easy to use and provides rock solid protection in my opinion. :)

6. zip

zip Registered Member

Outpost Free works great for me.

Lite and fast. I use it with AVG.

7. saakeman

saakeman Registered Member

if they can live together...

That is the problem...
    BTW
    berryracer, why not just get KIS?

8. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have used it before and:

1- too heavy for my liking even on my system with an SSD and 16 GB RAM and 2.3 GHz. i7 Sandy Bridge

2- contains useless stuff to me like, parental controls, safe banking, virtual keyboard (plus the plugins are always incompatible with the latest version of Firefox)

By the time Kaspersky updates their plugins, Firefox would've already released a newer version of its browser so the Kaspersky plugins are always dsabled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.