Recent installation of NOD32 and ESET RAC

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by sjbriere, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjbriere

sjbriere Registered Member

New to NOD32. Recently installed v.3 Business Edition on a Win2003 server. Installed the RA console on same. Configured an http mirror (on same server) for updates to local clients. Created a security package with the ip addr of the mirror server entered in the Update module under Profile/Set up. Pushed this out to six test workstations.

The workstations do not appear in the client list of the RA console, *which I want them to do*.. when I look at the advanced setup tree on the client workstation, under Update I see the ip addr I specified in the security package and the virus defs are always up-to-date.

Why don't I see the clients in the Client tab on the RA console? The correct server name is listed under Server Name.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

TCP port 2222 (default) needs to be open on the server for clients to report. You also need to configure the clients to point to the RAS for administration in addition to updates. There is a seperate config section on the clients called Remote Administration for that.

3. sjbriere

sjbriere Registered Member

Thank you for the reply. I've been away from this installation for a time but am now refocusing my efforts..

We are defining the required Windows Firewall port exceptions via group policy:

2221 TCP - ERAS Mirror
    2222 TCP - Nod32 ERAS
    2223 TCP - Nod32 ERAS ERAC
    2224 TCP - Remote install &
    confirming 445 TCP is enabled

On the clients, in the Setup configuration for Remote Administration it is configured to Connect to Remote Administrator server, with the server machine's IP address, on port 2222. Not enabled is: Remote Administrator server requires authentication.

The clients get their definition updates from a local mirror server (same server as the Remote Administration Console, on port 2221 - this is working fine.

Is there a way to 'add' the clients to the managed list manually?

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Under the RAS server options in the Security tab, do you have the check box for "Enabled unauthenticated access of Clients" correctly set? There really isn't a mechanism to manually add clients. You could figure out a way to manually import to the database, but the statistics still wouldn't update at that point and would make the RAS largely useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.