rebooting loop after restart

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rord, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rord

rord Registered Member

Hello everyone:

I'm new to this site and to this new virus program. I recently bought the eset smart security 4 and installed it to my computer, windows XP. After a couple of tries it load and worked. After running a scan, the computer crashed and went on a rebooting loop. I had to uninstall the program.

I contacted support and they asked me to run somethings/delete old virus programs and to reload program. After loading the program it worked fine. It updated, ran a scan and everything worked. When I turned off the computer and turned back on the following day, the computer started on a reboot loop. it got up to the welcome screen then it reboots.

need help or suggestions

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Any reason to suspect malware already resident on the machine prior to installing ESET? Did the scan find any malware? Did you let support know of the results?

They will most likely need a current SysInspector log and scanning log if that's possible? If not, please try running the scan in Safe Mode.

BFG

3. rord

rord Registered Member

thanks for the response. I already sent a log to support. i will run a malware to see if there is one thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.