Reasonable Offer

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Franklin, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Can the below server system be used as a pc as I have no idea on server systems.

What would be a reasonable offer on the second hand system below?

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah you could use it as a regular pc, probably a bit of an overkill for everyday type use and i don't think you'd see any advantage of running 8 cores during normal use. The only issue is what OS you will run. You will need a 64bit OS to be able to take advantage of all 8g gigs otherwise you'll only be able to access 3gb with a 32bit OS.

As for the price i have no idea, you might have to look online to see what similar systems are selling for.

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Second hand? That's a still very good server. Those parts are very expensive. Special memorys and motherboard. It's cheaper to buy some Quad core Intel and normal DDR2 memorys.

4. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

He actually had two server systems advertised on our local site.I did send him an email for a ballpark figure and some other info but they must of sold as I haven't heard back as yet.
    Bargain Board

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.