Realtek High Definition Audio for Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 2.76

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 22, 2015.

1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. cooperb21

cooperb21 Registered Member

change log?

3. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Thanks... my drivers were from 2011... ugh!

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@cooperb21 From softexia:
    @marzametal While, I keep all my drivers updated with driver update software. I don't think it matters too much if you have old audio drivers.

5. marzametal

@roger_m it took me a full two minutes to realise I was clicking on REPORT, not REPLY! Ugh... this is the 2nd time I have been burned by a Realtek audo update. The first time was a 2013 update, which lowered my audio volume output quite considerably. Boosting to 95% volume sounded as if it was only operating @ 40%. This time around, not so bad with the 2015 update. However, there is a popping sound whenever I shut down/reboot my computer, or whenever I tinker with audio settings via Device Manager or Control Panel.

Sooooo, back to the old school drivers that came with this OS install. Gotta' love the Rollback Driver button :p

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@marzametal In rare cases, you do need the actual drivers form your computer manufactuer, for devices to function propely, even though the drivers they provide are pretty much always long out of date. Lenovo keeps their drivers updated, but pretty much all other manufactuers only publish driver updates for their computers for about 6 months after a model is released, and then just focus on newer models.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  7. marzametal

@roger_m Interesting... thanks for the heads up Sir!

8. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I have installed the new Realtek drivers on two of my systems and am happy to report NO ill effects. The new drivers are working just fine. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.