Realtek ALC AC97 Audio Driver v3.71

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

2. NICK ADSL UK

Please note that there is sometimes a big delay in the receiving of this file from the authors website. If this is the case for you it can be now downloaded from major geeks
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4400.html

3. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

I tried this upgrade and all my voice files sound like a robot talking. Im using the older version where everything sounds normal. but with the newer version the bass is deeeper and cooler sounding.

4. NICK ADSL UK

Hi Beefcarver :)
    The driver is very good my end. The best thing you can do is to download it again making sure you uninstall all your previous installs of sound drivers just leaving the one which came with xp and try installing again

Regards

5. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

Ok I didnt think of that thankyou.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

With onboard audio, drivers make a huge difference because of the placement of the audio chip on the motherboard and the wiring techniques.

Realtek cannot decide the chip will be placed on a motherboard, and therefore, using drivers not provided by your motherboard maker can result in lowering of quality, distortion, increased CPU usage and other anomalies. This is because the drivers do not know the optimal paths to the CPU and other hardware of the computer.

The manufacturer provided drivers are modified to some extent, therefore they are the best bet for proper audio. You should always download audio drivers from your motherboard maker's page because of these problems.

I know it sounds strange - but I've used Realtek audio before and I know it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.