Real vs Pseudo Identities

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by bazinga, Aug 16, 2014.

1. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

For situations like you describe, the user should make it impossible to directly access such a site directly from their system. Rule based firewalls that support custom lists can be very useful here.

2. david banner

david banner Registered Member

and would you like if someone used your address without asking

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I get mail addressed to all sorts of people, who have probably lived there before. And I also get telephone calls for former residents, of all sorts. It doesn't bother me. Sometimes I learn something interesting.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

For me cash "went out the window" with the advent of Bitcoins. Just saying, its so easy to go that route!

5. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

Hmmm, Cash vs Bitcoin. Cash and Bitcoin are just as easy to steal. Bitcoin is anonymous and decentralized. So is Cash. Bitcoin is less traceable then the formalized banking system. So is Cash. Truth, I prefer Bitcoin or other digital currencies simply because I think it is cool to have an digital currency that can be made with effort untraceable. It needs to be pointed out though that Bitcoin really doesn't have any major advantages over Cash. If you have made the conscious decision to pay a given company (like say a vpn company) in an anonymous fashion then Cash may actually be more simplistic then Bitcoin as most of us generally have some around.

Examine a payment to a VPN company using cash. You establish a separate email and VPN account using TOR or another VPN service. And you send off the cash payment with instructions enclosed in the envelope to what account to apply the money to. My point is if you have made the decision to trust the provider cash or bitcoin makes little difference.

6. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Given a choice, I'll choose cash. You can't pay utilities or buy the basic necessities with Bitcoins. If you're buying something tangible, the anonymous currency is almost pointless unless you take equally extreme measures for the delivery of the product. To me, the only way Bitcoins make sense is for buying a service that doesn't involve physical goods. As for both being easy to steal, a coward behind a keyboard can steal Bitcoins or get money from a credit/debit card. Physically robbing you takes more guts and carries a lot more risk. For local use, the best and most anonymous currency is good old fashioned barter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.