Real-time protection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dannynigg, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannynigg

dannynigg Registered Member

Hi, I recently noticed that after my Fujitsu laptop with vista business 32 bit reboot, the realtim file protection will be malfunctioning/disable. Is that normal or can it be a virus/keylogger. I scanned the laptop, nothing was found. Can it be because I'm using a trial? I thought trials work like the real ones.

Edit:
    Ok. Even when I've reinstalled, it's still not working. After 30sec-2mins, it works. Can it be a virus/keylogger? I virus scanned and no virus was found though?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

have you try to re-install ? its not caused by trial version on not... trial version have same features as paid version

3. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

Mine does the same at start-up. However, when I look in task manager both ekrn.exe and egui.exe are both loaded so i'm under the impression that it must still be working.

4. dannynigg

dannynigg Registered Member

I reinstalled and it got fixed. Could it have been a virus /keylogger and could a virus/keylogger have gotten in my laptop? I scanned and nothing is found.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is possible your machine was infected, however, it may have been a compatibility issue with a legitimate application on the Fujitsu notebook computer.

You can download a copy of ESET SysInspector from ESET, create a log file and mail it to support@eset.sk along with a link to this message thread for analysis by a support engineer to help determine if the computer was affected by malware.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.