Real-Time Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mystik_TK, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am using SAS Pro, and also Counterspy 2.0 beta.
    I like both, and the V2.0 beta CS uses much less memory that 1.5. I like it, and have a subscription that is until next summer. If the cost of renewal remains as now, I will probably renew. I have a lifetime license for SAS.

I have high confidence in both, but frankly, I do not know how to determine the effectiveness of any of the AS/AM applications. There do not seem to be tests that are highly regarded to make that determination, as we have with AV Comparatives. So I guess we just go by the tests we see, and a gut feel. No one agrees as to the methodology, the malware specimens or how to count them.

I have never had infections of any kind. With other applications that I have such as Ewido, I don't expect any.

Best,
    Jerry

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hey Jerry,
    You are running the CounterSpy beta.Good choice.:thumb:

Mystik,
    The best way to decide on any program is to actually use it for the trial period.Don't take my word (or anyone's for that matter) on a program.Different people have different tastes.

3. gevin

gevin Registered Member

CounterSpy sure a superior AS, but why the beta installer size also 26Mb, after installed size 78Mb... wow!

These day, all product borderline become more blur, AV have AS functions, AS can kill virus, all proclaim they have HIPS/proactive defence +Firewall,... blah blah... i think this is bad for user, it's become harder to config 2 different brand product to work fully conpatible. Seem like these company heading to all-in-one suite, they hate each other, they compete to GRAB as much $ as they can from you.

4. Mystik_TK

Mystik_TK Registered Member

I see what you're all saying about trying each one out.

I think I'll give SAS and CounterSpy a go. Where can I find the v2 Beta? I've looked around the site and can't seem to find it. Also, if I started with the beta while waiting for the final version, how complicated would the upgrade be?

As for the uninstallation issues, it's more paranoia on my end than anything else. After I uninstall a program, I always clean out the registry with CCleaner and that seems to prevent most errors.

Thanks again. :)

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

register at the sunbelt software forum, and go to the beta info section to become a beta tester and get access to the beta testing forum as well as teh download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.