(Real-time File System Protection) is freezing my windows

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by meshal, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshal

meshal Registered Member

Hello,

I've been using ESET Smart Security for a long time without problems. Today i noticed that my Windows 7 freezes for about a minute when i open folders or try to delete folders\files. After some explorations with turning off some applications, i found this issue to be completely gone when turning off ESET Real-time File System Protection.

I've just updated to the last version of ESET Smart Security and it has NOT fixed this issue.

Could you please help me on this.

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Did you have another AV prior to ESET? is it still installed? if you just uninstalled it, remnants of the installation might still be on the system. Follow the link below to download uninstallers for the most common AVs.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Regards,

Jesus

3. meshal

meshal Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. However, I haven't had any AV on the system other than this one.

4. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Please try the following:

#1 - Open the ESET software, then push F5(Advanced Setup Tree)

#2 - From the setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware > Real Time File System Protection

#3 - uncheck Network Drives under Media to scan.

#4 - Click the Setup... button next to ThreatSense engine parameter setup.

#5 - Click Extensions and deselect the Scan all files check box.

#6 - Click OK to close the ThreatSense engine parameter setup window and save your settings.

Let me know if the issue persists after making these changes.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you use default settings? Couldn't it be that you enabled advanced heuristics/runtime packers on file access after installation?

6. meshal

meshal Registered Member

Thank you all for your comments. The problem was happening because my C drive available space was too low. I don't know how it relates to the problem technically but it's gone after freeing more space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.