Real-time Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chrome_sturmen, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I just installed this after doing some reading on it here on the board, and I have to say that it seems to be a very stable and solid h.i.p.s. It's very feature rich and somewhat complex, but I don't see complexity as a drawback so much as an opportunity to delve in and do some learning. It installed flawlessly on my windows server 2003 sp2 system and is functioning as it should. This h.i.p.s. rivals any payware h.i.p.s. i've ever used and is a real gift. :thumb:

Since there's little documentation at this point i'm hoping someone will start a learning thread on it :D

2. TuneRaider

TuneRaider Registered Member

Since it's ProSecurity 1.43 with a few cosmetic changes less the help file does anybody know where someone can download the ProSecurity help file?

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was searching for that also with no luck,plus the website seems to be underconstruction.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

5. chrome_sturmen

That's a good idea about referring to the prosecurity manual since real-time defender is derived from it. I searched for it online but couldn't find it, so I booted over into an expendable snapshot, installed prosecurity 1.43, and then copied and uploaded the manual, for you guys and whoever may want it in an effort to learn more about using real-time defender.

Here is the prosecurity 1.43 manual straight from the install, in .chm format

(r)apidshare.com/files/147335992/ManualBook_EN.CHM.html

For anyone else using real-time defender, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chrome

6. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I often find it odd what people install on a server. Why does a server need a HIPS, is it being used as a workstation? :doubt:

7. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

There's quite a few people using Servers as Workstations, especially with the advent of Vista. I personally have Server 2008 working flawlessly on my laptop. It originally came with Vista, and I can assure you that, equally tweaked, there is no comparison.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

One off topic post removed. Please stay on subject of Real-time Defender.

9. TuneRaider

Thx for sharing the file. When i open the manuel the main window says " Navigation to the web page was canceled". Is that because the website is no longer availble or it's missing a file? Is it working for anyone else?

10. chrome_sturmen

You mean that when you open the prosecurity manual, the .chm, is doesn't work? It works fine for me and I don't have prosecurity installed on this snapshot (though I do have real-time defender installed).

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have the same problem.

12. chrome_sturmen

I wouldnt've thought you'd need the program installed in order to open and read the .chm manual, but that may be the case. I could always boot over into a base snapshot and try and open the manual from there, to test it out. If it is the case, I guess you'll just have to install rtd or ps :D

13. TuneRaider

I've been using RTD ever since it came out but i had never used ProSecurity before. I found a english help file on a Chinese site but it wouldn't download. It's just the minor things like sometimes a corner of the toolbar icon is a diffrent color, stuff like that.

14. chrome_sturmen

If this is any help, I took a minute and converted the prosecurity manual .chm to pdf, so there should be no problems with viewing it now:

(h)ttp://rapidshare.com/files/147586716/Pro_Security_1.43_Manual_Pdf.pdf.html

tuneraider, care to give me a link to the site you found that rtd manual on? :D

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yep, that manual should prove useful once he gets it to form for us.

RTD is definitely a worthy contender but as in any HIPS of this nature, they all have their own respective protection layouts that require some adjusting and trial n error to assure a positive outcome for whats expected.

Thanks EASTER

16. TuneRaider

I was searching using Google about two weeks ago and ran across a download for the ProSecurity help file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.