Real time AV/AS/AM combo

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I was wondering about which combo of the following products you guys would suggest for real time protection:

Avira free, Avira Premium, SAS Pro, Spyware Terminator, Prevx Edge and Threatfire.

I know that Avira free uses the same AV engine as the premium version but lacks AS, so I was wondering whether I should get the free version and complement it with a top AS like SAS or whether it would be good to go premium and supplement that with SAS Pro, or maybe just get the premium version, or go ultra cheap and get avira free + spyware terminator.

Also I was thinking of adding a BB so I threw in tf and edge, altho edge supposedly has AS as well so maybe I can go ultra light with Avira free and edge.

Id like to see what the forumites think would be a good combo of the aboove products and please inform me of any conflicts that could arise. Also feel free to add any products not listed in your combo. TIA!

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

Avira Premium + Prexv Edge or Threatfire should do you good.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Avira Premium and Prevx Edge from the choices you list.

4. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Any reasons?

5. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using Avira personal with SAS Pro realtime.It fits my budget because I got lifetime subscription from SAS.Buying a license for one year from Avira costs more(which I had done last year).I think this is the right combination for me because:
    1.Fits my budget
    2.Avira and SAS are the best antivirus and antispyware on the market
    3.No conflicts
    4.Both are light on my system(CPU and RAM)

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

This will certainly go into the "what's best" direction sooner or later, which is (happily) not allowed on this board.
    The best you could do is try out several combo's yourself and find out which you like.
    And don't restrict it to the apps. you mentioned.

Gerard

7. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Just go with Avira Premium on its own. If you must add another realtime scanner, use Prevx Edge.

Prevx Edge is very light and will bring different techneques to protect you / serve as another layer of protection in the very unlikley event that something gets past Avira.

MZ

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

PX Edge + SAS would make a fine combo, no need for a classic av in that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.