Real Player (plug-in)

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Dister, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dister

Dister Guest

This is a bit over my head as a newbie but after installing ID-Blaster Plus I then downloaded and installed the plug-in by Sponge, just for the Real Player aspect really. Problem is that now, everytime I start my computer, (program runs at start up) I have to recheck the boxes in the GUI and Real Player only shows up in the 'incompatible items list'. I have RP8.
    Just tried closing program and then restarting and again the check marks in the GUI have disappeared!
    Any thoughts please.

2. inatuu

inatuu Guest

I have a similar problem, the Realplayer (freeware version) just is not to be found in the registry.
  3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Nov 22, 2002
    At my computer
    If you have RealPlayer 7 it has been confirmed to be spyware. If you have any anti-spyware software installed perhaps it has been removed as it is spyware. This is my search result on RealPlayer taken from the Tom_Cat website.

Search Results

Previous Next
    Back to record list
    Record 10 of 33 matches

Software Name: RealPlayer
    Version: 7
    Software Supplier: RealNetworks
    Software Website:
    Offending Party: Comet Cursor
    Remarks: Comet Cursor is offered as a plug-in from RealNetworks. You do have the option of not installing it, but you are not warned about remote server contact if you do. It will NOT be installed automatically.

If you want a really good free media player, free of spyware & which is recommended by TechTV show and in their recent newsletter which I received ... have a look at this website and see if you might like it better.
  4. TinyMember

TinyMember Registered Member

Aug 25, 2003
    I do & it looks good but doesnt support .rm files from what I could see which might be the only point of using a :( Real' product.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.