Read This & Submit Follow Up To Tor - Bad Proxy Bug In Tor Browser Bundle

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Is seems that the Tor developers are not aware of a critical bug for the proxy settings in Vidalia for the Tor browser bundle...

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/4663#comment:3

They even responded back to me and still don't even seem to be aware of this, so I replied again.

If you use the Tor browser bundle and you use it with a proxy, also this can be done with a VPN proxy, you'll want to read all of the bug report I submitted and also submit your concerns to Tor.

Because the way it is now, if it's working or not working you have no way of really knowing, simply put, you can put in a dummy name to test this and when it's check marked to use a proxy and there's a problem Tor should not be connecting and it does, this is bad and I'm surprised someone over looked this.

After all what's the point of check marking to use it and if it doesn't work, bypassing it and still getting online, no point, pointless actually... o_O

When was the last time you used the proxy settings in Firefox and had it by pass that and get online? LOL... It won't... ;)

CHEERS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.