Read Error 0X70003

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by diesel3.5, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diesel3.5

diesel3.5 Registered Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 running XP with True Image 9 build 2302. I have an Iomega external 80 gig drive attached to my docking station using USB 2.0. Each time I try to perform a full backup I get the read error I mentioned in the title. I have run a chkdisk and I found no errors. Please help.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. efferj

efferj Registered Member

I am getting EXACTLY the same error. TI (build 2302)

I have 2 Maxtor 40Gig HDs. The System (C:\ about 7.8 GB) and Data (D:\ about 22 GB) partitions, along with the Secure Zone are on disk 1 and I am storing the back-up *.tib files on disk 2 (E:\ about 40 GB)

I CAN back-up the System partition (C:\) no problem, but NOT the Data (D:\) partition - I get Read Error 0X70003. I bought TI particularly to back up my Data.

Please help?

4. Acronis Support

Hello efferj,

Please create Acronis Report and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread.

We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. emchad

emchad Guest

I am having the same problem. I have created a report and sent it to Support, but has anyone identified the solution yet? I need to get an image made so I can replace my notebook HD with more capacity.

6. Acronis Support

Hello emchad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter?

I will find out how the investigation of this issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. emchad

emchad Guest

Hi Alexey:

Automated response is 405803. Thank you for your reply and looking forward to a quick response as I am getting desperate with an over-full disk.

8. nwalker

nwalker Registered Member

Having the exact same problem. Is there any info that can be posted on how to solve this. I already submitted a support request (#412812).

9. Acronis Support

Hello emchad,

As I can see, our support engineer Max Malushko is already working on your issue.

Please do as Max has suggested in his last letter and send us the requested snapapi.log file.

We will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

10. Acronis Support

Hello nwalker,

I've found your request in our database and will take care of it.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. efferj

efferj Registered Member

At the Acronis suggestion to try build 2310 I have found this problem RESOLVED.

You must uninstall the earleir version, however. I found the windows (un)install tool DID NOT remove the directory for True Image, nor did it do anything to restore the partition with the Secure Zone.

12. Me too, also with build 2,302. On a Dell Dimension 4600C, backing up to a Maxtor external. Is my hard drive failing? Please tell me no.

t.

13. rdilliker

rdilliker Guest

Is this a German build? I'm pretty new to ATI and I've been reading the forums for a couple of days but am pretty sure build 2302 is the latest english version.

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Yes, It's the Germain version. You are correct - the latest English language version is currently Build 2302.

Regards

16. Acronis Support

Hello Theresa,

I'm afraid that the latest version of Acronis True Image 9.0 is still 2302.
    We plan to release the next build of Acronis True Image 9.0 in the nearest future as soon as we finish testing it.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

17. compuzag

compuzag Guest

Acronis needs to release a patch for this issue as I too am having a read error. I have a Dell Inspiron Notebook, backing up to an Iomega external 120 HD. The funny thing about this true Image failing, I used atrial version of True Image Workstation and I had no issues with backing up or restoring. I wonder what software diffrences are contained within True Image 9 and True Image workstation trial version.

18. rdilliker

rdilliker Guest

I have a drive in an external enclosure and am getting the read error also. Has anyone whose drive had trouble with ATI 9 gotten their drive to work with ATI 8.0? I have ATI 9.0 but will work on getting 8.0 if that could temporarily solve my problem.

THanks.

19. the Daddy

the Daddy Guest

I'm getting this error too!!! Seems a shame given I only purchase the software yesterday and it doesn't backup the machine that I need it too!! I think that either a patch needs to be released or the newer version is let out. Doesn't seem much point in imaging software that doesn't image!!!!!!

20. I had used v. 8 with no problem. I made the mistake of installing v. 9 a couple weeks ago.

Hey, Acronis! Can you tell us how to reinstall v. 8 until you get v. 9 fixed? I really need to do a backup!

t.

21. It's been nearly two weeks with no word. I am desperate to make a backup--so desperate that I am considering switching to another product even though I have paid for yours and in the past have been happy with it.

Please can you give us information about when you will have a fix for this error message?

Theresa

22. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Have you downloaded and tried the new build 2323? It seems to have fixed most of the reported bugs and is much more stable than earlier builds. Make sure you uninstall 2302 before trying to install 2323.:cool:

23. nika01

nika01 Registered Member

F I X E D .

Its wasnt the fault of Acronis software (in my case anyway).

I had the same problem. Part of the fix was to defragment . However, defragmentation may not delete the offending file. You may have to manually delete the file and then repeat the defragmentation and deletion until you get no further files in the list produced by defragmentation.

This all assumes that the offending file is not something you need (wasnt in my case).

Now since I have resolved this problem for the Acronis support team, maybe they can find the time to work on a couple of issue I have that arent fixed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  24. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

If you receive "Read Error" message when trying yo use Acronis True Image 9.0 then first of all please make sure that you use the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build prior to installing build 2323.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking your hard drive and updating Acronis drivers then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

25. monicard

monicard Registered Member

I too just bought this product today and upgraded to the version 9.0 build 2323.
    I ran my first backup and got this dreaded read error. I downloaded the latest Acronis drivers and also did a checkdisk, all to no avail. I sent a request in for technical support. I will see what response I get. If this doesn't get fixed within the next few days, I think I will return to my reliable Drive Image 7.0 and ask for my money back on this product. I was getting concerned about support on the Drive Image product since Symantec bought the company and used the technology for their latest Ghost version. The lack of any support from Symantec on their products is the reason I switched. This may not have been a smart move. We will see over the next several days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.