Re-Trial Software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

I have a little question about Trial Software. Basically I trialed a program a few years ago, and several version ago. I'd like to try the new version, but because the original trial period has expired, I can not. Is there anyway to work around this? ~please~ understand I'm NOT trying to cheat the company, I would just like to give their new version a spin ... I'm not at all interested in cracked software ... I have no issue with paying for their software, I only want to try the new version before I consider to buy it. I have no cracked software, nor anything else pirated, and this will continue to be, it's a moral issue to me, not to be debated.

Is there anyway to work around the old trial expiration?

TIA, ;)

dog - *puppy*

Mods - If this in anyway conflicts with Wilders' TOS, please remove. No need to notify me, I'll understand if this post disappears. Thanks ;)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Contact the company and tell them the situation and they should have a way around it.

3. dog

dog Guest

OK, Thanks BigC ... that is what I was considering. ;) :)

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Maybe you could scan your registry for remnants left by the old program.
    Or one of those registry cleaners. Backup your reg first though. Just a thought.

5. dog

dog Guest

I thought about & try that ... but it doesn't work. I have no idea of what they store & where it's stored, or it's relation to the system clock, or how it works. etc. etc. ~ I know this is somewhat dishonest~ , I guess I justified it to myself because my intentions are honest, and my purpose isn't to route around the concept of the protection ... But I admit it, I tried it, ~bad dog~ with somewhat honest intentions. I guess, I can't really make it sound too good though ... so I'll stop trying :oops: :mad: ~bad dog~ :mad: :oops:

In the dog house again - dog - *puppy*

6. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I wouldn't sweat the ethics of this, Dog: what you're trying to do sounds perfectly legit, and the company should be able (and willing) to provide an answer, and there is absolutely nothing wrong in your having gone looking for the remaining traces of the older version in your registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.