Re-partitioning created problems

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by DickJ, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richfocker

richfocker Registered Member

If you remove ZA you should make sure to delete all the left behind junk before trying another. The ZA forum has these instructions for a clean uninstall - http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=AllowAccess&message.id=103 . I didn't find any issues when running V7 untill after uninstalling NOD32 V3 and then Acronis had issues with my system as well as Windows disk utilities. ZA V6.5.737 has not caused any conflicts that I have found. I am behind a router firewall so running an older version of ZA will still serve my needs. I used to really like Zone Alarm but their newer versions seem to be causing a lot of problems. Good luck and post your results as I'm curious to see if ZA was causing your issues as well.

2. DickJ

DickJ Registered Member

Richfocker. Please check my private message. DickJ

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. DickJ

DickJ Registered Member

This morning I made a new Acronis image and then removed Zone Alarm from my computer following the Guus abc instructions on the URL above. It did a good cleanup, but perhaps too good as I'm having trouble getting my systray icons back. However, I was able to install a new partition with Acronis Disk Director and everything still works fine!
    I then tried to install the old ZA V6.5.737 download from the CheckPoint site, but it would not install (message was "not a valid WIN32 application"). Richfoker, where did you get your install program? Are you running WINXP Home Ed?
    I then removed the new partition with MS Disk Mgr in Safe Mode, and restored back to my morning Acronis image. Maybe I should try the next to last ZA version?

4. richfocker

richfocker Registered Member

5. DickJ

DickJ Registered Member

I am pleased to report.....the problem seems to be solved! :D
    Generally, I followed richfocker's approach. After doing an Acronis TI backup image, I uninstalled free Zone Alarm, V. 7.0.462 and then used the Guus abc approach to delete searched files and clear the Registry. I then installed Tall Emu's free Online Armor V 2.1.0.119. That went well, and after a couple of reboots things looked good. No apparent conflict with my free AVG antivirus.
    I then used Acronis Disk Director in WINXP (not from the rescue disk) and installed and labeled a partition. It went fine, no problems. I then tested to see if ATI or ADD had any problems opening. They did not. Also, Disk Checks and Reboots all seem normal.
    Again, thanks to everyone who helped on this! I will report back if I have any further problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.