Re:Norton update problem

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by subratam, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hello... i got NAV 2002 with liveupdate and all updated... but why my virusdefs are only upto 11/5/2003?? and when i run liveupdate it says NAV is uptodate o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi subratam,

Can you try something?

Go to this site: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html
    Select the correct language in the drop down box, click Download updates. At the page you get directed to find this line:
    20031117-022-i32.exe November 17, 2003 November 17, 2003 4.16 MB
    and click the link to the exe.

Once it is downloaded open the file and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Pieter

3. subratam

hey pieter,
    ya all went smooth.. :) its too less to say thank u everytime... my NAV is updated to 11/17/2003 but then one more question arises this can also happen in future :doubt: ?? that NAV updates itself and its not updated in my NAV ... just wat happened this time.. so i will hav to go to that symantec site?? wats the permanent solution??

4. Pieter_Arntz

Well going to that site every day is not a permanent solution since you would only get definitions updated and not the program.
    But if your definitions were still on 11/5 you missed a few LiveUpdates, not just one.

I'll see what I can find in the Symantec knowledgebase.

You did not get an eror message. It just said you were up-to-date. Is that correct?

Pieter

5. subratam

ya no error nothing... anything wrong with firewall that i am having i hope not coz whenever it asked for update last time also firewall asked for my permission i have just chked the rules again and it shudnt be firewall coz all NAV updates are permitted to go out...
    regarding wat it said when i ran liveupdate it said that your NAV product is up-to-date
    that was it...

6. Pieter_Arntz

7. subratam

pieter,
    i did wat it said... lemme see whether it asks for autoupdate next time its available....
    i cannot check anyway else right??

8. Pieter_Arntz

I'm not sure when the last program update was and if it was for NAV 2002 as well. So you can try the LiveUpdate button. If it works we're in the clear. If it says you are up to date, it could be right.

On the site I gave you, you can always check if there is a new LiveUpdate available, or keep an eye on our update forums.

Regards,

Pieter

9. subratam

:)
    ya liveupdate is safe and sound ;) and ya it says up to date...
    i have added the download symantec link to my favourite and u know me by now i am available in wilders almost round the clock and ofcourse will keep an eye on update forums too
    :) thx for ur support again...

10. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Question: Maybe your update subscription has expired. When mine did, I could not update and my message said I was up-to-date altho a "renew subscription" thingie flashed at me. Also, I discovered that you can no longer get updates off the Symantec site if your subscription has expired. They quit that recently ... what a bummer!! :rolleyes:

11. subratam

i got the updates from the symantec site.. and no my subscription hasnt ended..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.