Re "Market repositioning"...??

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Longboard, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@Todd:re
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=205644
    Thanks for update. :)
    Good to hear that Leapfrog is a going concern.
    Glad to hear that FD-ISR will continue even as 'scaled back' version from HDS.
    Have to say that I'm a little disappointed..was hoping for some thing a little different, a little more oriented to FDISR rather than HDS maybe....but que sera sera.

V.Happy to hear you will be continuing to appear @ Wilders.

A few q's if I may:
    -will updates to to FDISR (last Raxco/BootBack) full ie multi snapshot and archive function versions, continue to be developed and released to current owners?

-as licensee of full version; where do I go for support or fresh d/l if req?

-will the 'Server' version continue to be available, and continue to be developed?

I hope the new FDISR is a stunning success for you.

Betcha there will be other q's
    regards.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Same feelings here and same questions also. I was even surprised the original thread was closed.

3. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings Longboard,

Glad to hear from. Hope all is well down under.

Q:Will updates to to FDISR (last Raxco/BootBack) full ie multi snapshot and archive function versions, continue to be developed and released to current owners?
    A: Yes. Raxco and Bootback builds are being sent to the respective compaines as we update the product. The LSI FirstDefense-ISR product build is being updated as well, since some of you are using that product. At some point in the future we may decide to migrate all to the LSI version, a full-featured product.

Q: As licensee of full version; where do I go for support or fresh d/l if req
    A: The vender that you purchased from has the latest releases.

Q: Will the 'Server' version continue to be available, and continue to be developed?
    A: Yes

I know there will be other questions. Please feel free to ask. Some answers may be a bit vague since we our venturing down this new path and there are many unknowns. I should be interesting for all of us.

4. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

So the "full" FD-ISR is still alive, altough at a higher price. Who is the seller of FD-ISR Server?

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That's interesting Todd. I gathered from Raxco they would only provide support until your maintenance contracts ran out, or 1 year. Are you saying there will be additional updates?

Pete

6. Leapfrog Software

Q:So the "full" FD-ISR is still alive, altough at a higher price.
    A: Well actually the ISR technology is being sold more so than the previous product.

Q:Who is the seller of FD-ISR Server?
    A: Both FD-ISR Workstation and Server are not being sold in previous form.

7. Leapfrog Software

Q: I gathered from Raxco they would only provide support until your maintenance contracts ran out, or 1 year. Are you saying there will be additional updates?
    A: The support contracts are between the vender and the customer. We continue to send updates until the vender has no more need for them (the contracts run out). I believe Raxco's is one year. At that time, I am looking into the migration of existing customers over to LSI to download future builds beyond that. This is an area that is largly undecided at this point.

8. ErikAlbert

Q: So FD-ISR Workstation = FD-ISR Rescue now. Which features are removed in the new FD-ISR Server?

9. Leapfrog Software

Greetings ErikAlbert,

"FD-ISR Server's" feature set is being defined now. I am going to keep quiet on this since the product has not been fully solidified and I still have the features as a moving target.

10. ErikAlbert

I understand. Thank you :)

11. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Yes, they (Raxco) have been very supportive, but I suspect that effort on their part may cease soon; it is well more than one year for me. :(

That sounds very tasty. :)

That sounds a bit less tasty :doubt:

Sorry Todd, I realise that some of the handwringing has ;) may have been a bit undignified, but damnit man, you created such a wonderful powerful tool, that losing it has been a trauma: like losing a finger: very painful,not fatal; but rather have it back, and -ahem- without casting stones relationships with HDS have occasionally been a bit strained for some of the FDISR-Workstation users (that would be us: the "pimple on the bum" here at wilders :D ).

12. Empath

Empath Registered Member

Much of that has been due to the belief and accusation that HDS stripped down FS-ISR to limit competition to their Rollback software. As has been made obvious now, that wasn't the reason at all.

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Just as loyal as Erik Albert is to the Genuine FD-ISR Workstation before the sudden unexpected distributorship transfer, i nonetheless remain optimistic that at some point Leapfrog Inc will split off at least a portion of their newest innovations to be served directly from them apart from outsourcing sales. :D

After all, you guys have proven to generate a very heavyweight research and development laboratory full of some pretty sharp pencils and blueprints with top programmers.

At least thats the impression FD-ISR (Authentic) is relayed to not only myself but plenty of other customers who routed thru RAXCO at one time.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.