Re: Lsass.exe Error Message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by b+e, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b+e

b+e Registered Member

Hi,

i am a victim of the lsass error, too. A customer of mine experiences the crash problem on all his 4 windows 2003 servers, which occours every 3 -4 days. I cannot/do not want to completly disable imon on the servers, because a mail server is running on the servers and if i disable imon, viruses or at least virus warnings get through to the users.

I have tried everything that came to my mind and what was proposed here to work around the problem, but it seems to haunt me. So if there is new information i would be very glad to know about it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi b+e, welcome to Wilders.

As the Beta is no longer, I have moved your thread from the Beta forum to here where it should get better attention.

Cheers :D

3. b+e

b+e Registered Member

thank you.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

NOD32 aside momentarily one of my clients has a server reboot scheduled daily (in the middle of the night at the time of lightest load) to overcome an error with a common SQL database engine. Without the reboot daily they start getting errors on their client machines. If it were in my hands to do so I'd be investigating further but I guess what I'm really suggesting to you is this - whether you should actually need to or not is there any reason you couldn't schedule an automatic server reboot every day or two at an appropriate time? At least until you're able to determine a better solution?

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

A bit OT, but which SQL engine would that be ?

6. NOD32 user

If I said the word pervasive would it mean anything to you?

7. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

It would. Thanks for the info NOD32 user!

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

this is more than a little off-topic for this forum..

a nightly reboot?

We have ONE production server with win2k3, ColdFusion and MS SQL/Server (I was dragged kicking and screaming into offering it) - dual processors and a gig of RAM - it did have TWO MS/SQL Server databases, and it too required daily reboots. SQL Server is NOT an enterprise ready database (my background is database systems on *nix for 18 years)... it's a bloody expensive annoyance. At $2500 worth of software alone, this "enterprise" level system was unable to handle two database apps? Give me a break - that's a bit

Since migrating one of the database apps from SQL Server to MySQL on FreeBSC (but still running the coldfusion app to access the database) we're down to reboots once every two to three weeks... even so, our MySQL dedicated server is rebooted once every 6 months - just because I think we should - not REQUIRED or it can't be accessed!

9. Blackspear

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

10. b+e

b+e Registered Member

Sorry, i have been pretty busy the last weeks, so i did not reply for some time. As far as i can tell only disabling (not installing) imon fixes the problems. So to save my and the customers time, i established a workaround for the mail scanning on the servers by using the command line scanning ability of nod.

But let me give you all out there a warning if you want happy customers and working servers: if you plan to install Windows server 2003 WITH SP1 and you want to have imon running - THINK TWICE! As far as i can tell this will result in an unusable system. You will be unable to log into the server and the system will automatically reboot itself. So, before you update 2003 with sp1 uninstall imon - no kiddin!

regards

11. NOD32 user

Thats the message. Thanks for re-affirming it.

12. Blackspear

I have just read in Brian Livingston's WindowsSecrets.com newsleter dated Friday, 8 April 2005, that:

Don't install 2003 SP1 on Small Business Server 2003

We appreciate the fact that Microsoft listened to many people's concerns and no longer encourages companies to install SP1 to SBS
    2003 boxes. It was offered for a day on Windows Update and then, fortunately, taken down. There are known issues when applying SP1 to a SBS version of Server 2003. See:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...52-2cf3-4a84-bc79-57ec3db2dea9&displaylang=en

The best plan of action is to wait for SBS SP1, which is expected out within 60 to 90 days.

Hope this helps...

13. b+e

b+e Registered Member

The trouble i wrote about happened on Windows 2003 STANDARD Servers (haven't updated SBS yet).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.