Re: DEP Errors Post

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Rilla927, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Is it being said if you have DEP enabled you cannot run SPI, Watch DNS Calls, Watch Thread Injection at the same time? If so would it be possible to add LNS to the DEP exception list?

The reason I ask is because I installed LNS a few days back and my computer was constantly crashing, and I did get the DEP Error. Never knew what DEP was til now. I really like this FW so I figured I would investigate to see what the trouble was so I can correct it and reinstall the program.

One more? After using BlackSpear instructions for "Set up and Settings" is there any more modifactions to be made after that? Or are you good to go. :D

Thanks

Rilla927

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Rilla927,

Interesting idea, using DEP exclusion. Could you try it? :)

If you have used Blackspear's settings, you should be good to go.
    For additional info, you could take a look here.

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think it will work. It is not the Look 'n' Stop exe causing the crash for DEP reason but any application that tries to connect :(

Frederic

4. Rilla927

@SSK

I don't have LNS installed at this point, I had to uninstall it because my computer went complete haywire. That was also before I found this forum and discovered when you install this program, it should be on a clean system with no other FW installed, even if disabled. I had Trendmicro disabled, but I guess they didn't play nice together. Plus I got the DEP Error, so the DEP Error is the only thing I can see that I have to correct.

If anything I will disable the DEP for LNS, that should work.

I read a few different articles on this DEP. Take a look! http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips566.html
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1854559,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03129TX1K0000625

I have to reformat, so I was going to wait til then to reinstall LNS. That's why I need to gather all the important info before I do the reformat.

The link you give me; is blank page. Thanks for your help!

@Frederic

Can you answer yes or no to my first question in my post above? :D

Thanks Frederic

5. Rilla927

Sorry just thought of one more thing. I thought I read some where in the forum that LNS will automatically detect your adapter. Does that mean you will still have to configure the router? Wasn't sure.

Thanks everyone!

Rilla927

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

rilla - iirc, the only setting that causes teh BSOD (if ur pc has an athlon 64) is Watch Thread Injection. the others can be enabled.

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Rilla927, this links to the main page of the forum link I gave in the other post: www.mntolympus.org. Just click on the tab forums and browse to the LnS section.

Seems that Frederic allready answered the DEP question! :)

8. Rilla927

Thanks WSFuser, now I understand. I need to make sure "Watch Thread Injection" isn't checked, but others are okay.

@SSK

when I click on your link it shows url, but gives a blank page. Sorry, but I didn't understand Frederic answer, that's why I asked to clarify.

9. SSK_offline

SSK_offline Guest

Hmm, something is blocking the connection for you...

What Frederic means is that although we can disable DEP for the LnS .exe, it will not help because when a application tries to connect out, due to how LnS works, DEP will be triggered and give the error.

(Hope this helps :))

10. Rilla927

Are you saying we can't run DEP at all if you are using LNS? :D

If so I'll have to look for something else unfortunately.

11. SSK_offline

SSK_offline Guest

:)

Yes, you can run LnS with DEP, just not all "advanced" settings can be activated!
    Please take a look at the DEP thread here in the forum for more info about that! (I'm at work, so have to keep it short ;))

12. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Sorry I've missed it.
    Only Watch DNS Calls, Watch Thread Injection have to be disabled.
    TCP SPI will work properly with EP enabled.

Frederic

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  13. Rilla927

Thanks very much Frederic for your reply. I just want to make sure I understand before I reinstall LNS again :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.