Re-Building Sys Restore Folder

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by COSMO26, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Edited 12/8: I ran Winsock2 Fix and have had two system-generated CheckPoints made and a successful test of Restoring to see a shortcut on desktop made/Deleted/re-appear after Restore. If this fix sticks, then FYI and I'm happy.
    My WinMe Sys RESTORE works intermittently (worked Saturday, then gave "Could Not Restore" msg Monday when I had a problem to reverse/found wininit.ini and renamed it .xxx & Restore Page re-appeared ) (smgr.dll is correct 4.90.0.3003 ver/Space is 600MB/statemgr chkd in StartUp ) and does not make daily ChkPoints. A very good MS-MVP spoke of re-building the " _RESTORE" folder by some DOS commands I copied and per him "allow the StateMgr to rebuild the necessary control files that have probably become corrupted." Has anyone tried to Fix Me RESTORE this way per the symptoms I gave? Any other thoughts on overe-hauling RESTORE? Many Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.